Photoshop 1: Basic Corrections
You will find the files that you need in you "Digital Media 11 Work Files" folder on your desktop. Look in the 'Photoshop 1' Folder.
Open the .pdf file "Basic Corrections" and follow the instructions to fix the Playground.psd file.
Open the 'Basic Photo Corrections' word document to get you started fixing up the following images:
Follow the instructions posted beside the file names.
- Crooked_slide.jpg - crop, straighten, and replace the colour of at least one object in this photo
- Botticelli_Medici.jpg - utilize the sponge & dodge tools to change the appearance of this painting
- damage_1.psd and damage_2.psd - repair the damaged areas using the clone stamp, spot healing brush and content-aware fill
- For 'Damage_1', replace the corner with the tear and remove the wake and stern of the boat in the top portion of the photo.
- For 'Damage_2', eliminate all of the bullet holes in the rock, and replace the graffiti with your initials.
Take a photo that is slightly off-angle (but has good composition) and upload it to your computer. Find the file and rename it 'YourLastName-Before'.
Now create a copy of this photo and name it 'YourLastName-After', and use the tools and tricks that you've learned so far to
- Re-align the photo using the ruler tool.
- Re-colour an object in the photo
- Duplicate an object (or two)
- Remove an object (or two)
Be sure to save all of these files in your portfolio folder on your desktop. Remember to create a "Photoshop 1" or "PS 1" folder inside your portfolio where you can save all of these files.